8.09.2009

Good clean fun on Saturday night!

After my nightmare last-class-of-the-day on Saturday, I relaxed in my room for a while, and then a group of friends and I caught the 6:10 shuttle into Daegu. We stopped first at some ATMs on the campus of Yeungjin College, which is the University that runs DGEV. It's a beautiful campus, but I didn't get any photos of it.
We walked to a bowling alley, here are shots of me, Naomi and Antonio on the street, and the street itself. I hadn't been in this area of Daegu before; it was pretty hoppin'.
We passed a medical clinic, and I was surprised to see patients walking around on the street in their hospital PJs (no open backs, thank goodness), including one who was dragging his IV around with him! My companions informed me that this was completely normal.
I liked my shoes at the bowling alley, they were pretty awesome. I probably should have put both on before I took this picture, but I got excited about the one shoe I had put on.
I bowled well, for me! My first game I scored 126 points! The bowling alley had 8 or 10 lanes, and the rest were occupied by Korean men who meant business. They probably weren't expecting our ragtag group to come in!
That's Lauren, Chris, Jazmin, Naomi, and Michael.
After bowling we went out and wandered around. Someone wanted Indian food, so we went to a touristy restaurant. The food was delicious, and I had my first Korean beer to wash down my very spicy Masala. Hite makes a lager and a stout - I didn't try the lager but the stout was not bad at all!
And here's a shot of the street at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment